December 6, 2011

A Moment To Freak Out

Few things annoy me more than when people achieve their dream and act blase about it. When an actor wins an oscar then smiles, nods his head and gives a thirty second speech without freaking out at all, it just bothers me. Yes, there is something to be said about accepting awards graciously, but there is also something to be said about letting your fans and friends understand how excited you are to be doing something other people only dream about.

So, with this in mind, I need a moment to freak out with excitement! No, I did not win an oscar or get on a bestseller list, but I am soon going to receive my first paycheck from selling books (according to Amazon, it is in the mail)! I am a paid, published author...!!!!! Being an author is something I have literally dreamed about my entire life and actually witnessing that dream become a reality is an amazing feeling! To the six hundred or so people who have bought my book, thank you so much for making my life complete! For the reviewers who have read or plan to read my book, thank you! To everyone else, grab a copy!

I just wanted everyone to know how excited I am. I don't want this blog to become a personal journal, so I've been trying to write about writing, self-publishing and books in general, but I just wanted to say thanks and...ahhhhh!

A few exciting things coming up:
- The Paranormal Romance Guild is reviewing my book - wooohooo!
- I started writing 'Simmer'
- Next week, I'll be publishing a new edition of 'Ignite' with the cover and first chapter of 'Simmer' at the end
- A bunch of blog reviews should be rolling in soon, keep your fingers crossed for me that they're good!

Thanks for listening my rant!

No comments:

Post a Comment